Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Squash Muffins

I'm not sure what possessed me to make these muffins at the beginning of the summer. Everything about them screams, "Make me in the fall." Butternut squash, flour, milk, egg, cream of tarter shortening.... But there was something different about them, and they seemed easy enough, so I decided to try them.

They are quite good. They are not your typical muffin; they are very bland and don't have much flavor to them other than a hint of squash. I would recommend serving them with tea and perhaps a bit of jelly or cream cheese.




There is no story to go along with this recipe, which makes me wonder where it came from and what Marjorie used to do with it. I can see her making a batch for tea with friends or filling a basket to bring to a neighbor. While they are delicious muffins, because there is no story behind the recipe, it leads me to believe that this was not one of her favorite recipes.

The general consensus of our customers who tried these muffins was that they enjoyed them very much. We have plenty left so some on in and try them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment