Monday, June 6, 2011

Raw Cranberry and Orange Relish

When I think of Cranberry Relish I usually think of Thanksgiving or Christmas. However, I'm not sure why we only make it around those holidays; it is a delicious side dish and so easy to make. Marjorie's version of the recipe contains three ingredients and took a sum total of six minutes to pull together.


My mom makes this recipe every Thanksgiving, as it is one of my families favorite side dishes at Thanksgiving dinner. Her recipe is a little different from Marge's though. My mom uses cranberries, oranges, sugar and apple. Marge simply uses cranberries, oranges and sugar. I wonder how many variations there are out there.

Having tried both, I think the addition of the apples gives the dish a little more flavor and substance, although I still enjoy it without the apples. I also might cut back on the sugar a bit, but that's just my personal preference! 

The Cranberry Relish will be served with 1/2 Cucumber Sandwiches and a cup of Soup (your choice) ~5.00. Come in to the Blue Elephant today and try this delicious side dish and its accompaniments! 


Blue Elephant Cafe 
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070







No comments:

Post a Comment