Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Note From the Kitchen

The coolest thing happened just this morning. A woman came in to look around while she was waiting to have her nails done, and we got to talking. I told her about everything we do here at the Blue Elephant, and I ended with my story about cooking my way through Marjorie's cookbook.

Her eyes lit up and she exclaimed, "Oh that is so wonderful, and I'll tell you what! Marjorie and I were great friends!"

The woman used to live in Augusta near Marjorie. They went to the same church and apparently were quite friendly. She told me that many of the recipes in the cookbook come from a mutual friend of theirs. Her description of Marjorie was great too. "She was a tall, elegant woman... and oh, just as nice as could be."

We talked for a bit and it sounds like this woman has many stories to tell. I do hope she comes back and can share more about what it was like to know Marjorie Standish.

No comments:

Post a Comment