Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Brown Sugar Refrigerator Cookies

The taste of these cookies most definitely reminds me of my grandmother, yet I don't remember her making them, or me eating them, before. But perhaps I have.




It is a simple recipe, basically creaming together the sugar and fats then adding the dry ingredients. The time consuming part of this recipe is that you have to let the dough set in the refrigerator for awhile. It's really not a big deal though, especially if you have other things that need to get done. When the dough is set, roll out the cookies and bake in the oven for only 10 minutes, and you have delicious cookies ready to eat!






The one thing I wasn't too pleased about, and it may just be the way the recipe is, was that the cookies flattened out. And they flattened out a lot. They still taste good, but I like a plump soft cookie, and these are flat and chewy. I think it has to do with the amount of sugar in them and the fact that it's brown sugar not white - the baking properties changed.


Regardless of how they look, they are a delicious cookie, and here is what Marjorie had to say about them, "These are my special favorites. I make them about twice a month." So come on in to the Blue Elephant, have some lunch, and try one of these "special favorite" cookies!


Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070


No comments:

Post a Comment