Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cranberry Orange Bread

Not too long ago I was really into making Marjorie's breads: banana bread, diced apple bread, carrot bread etc. etc. etc. I eventually strayed from the bread section, but this week, as I have declared it cranberry week, I made my way back to the page with the recipe containing Cranberry Orange Bread.


Usually it's not terribly busy in the mornings, and I can jump right into my recipe for the day at 8:00. This morning, though, I had trouble getting to my recipe, and it wasn't until almost 9:00 a.m. that I finally started mixing the ingredients together. True to Marjorie's recipe style, it only took minutes to mix everything together, and now I have some delicious cranberry orange bread sitting on the counter, fresh out of the oven - cooling!





My note on this recipe would be that the orange flavor is not very noticeable. As I was mixing up the batter, I wondered if the orange flavor would be very strong, or even noticeable at all, because there is only one orange in the entire recipe. When I tasted a piece, I definitely tasted the cranberries, but I had a harder time finding the taste of orange. So I might add another orange to the recipe.

Also it would be delicious if you added just a hint of Grand Marnier. MMMMM!

All in all, it is a yummy bread. It would be a delicious addition to a Thanksgiving table or just a gift to a friend in the fall. We have it here today at the Blue Elephant Cafe. Enjoy a small slice for .25c or purchase a loaf for 2.00.




Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070

No comments:

Post a Comment