Thursday, June 2, 2011

Boiled Molasses Cookies

Yesterday, when I overslept, I had intentions of making Molasses Cookies, but when I got to work I discovered that there wasn't enough butter to fulfill the task. I didn't oversleep this morning though! So, I made a quick grocery store run and picked up the butter I needed and made Boiled Molasses Cookies today.


The process starts by boiling molasses on low heat.


Add sugar, spices (such as cinnamon and ginger), butter and eggs
to the boiled molasses. Then slowly stir in flour. 



Roll out the cookies and place on a greased cookie sheet. 



Press the dough down with a fork, creating a nice pattern on top. 



Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until they are golden brown and delicious. 



The only part I found difficult about this recipe was pressing down the dough balls with the fork. After I added the flour, my dough was sticky but workable. I didn't want to add more flour because I didn't want it to dry out, however it was difficult to press the fork into the dough without it getting stuck. What I ended up doing was spraying the fork with the cooking spray, and that helped a lot. 

They are a delicious soft molasses cookie. One of the better cookie recipes I've made. Stop by and try one today! 


Blue Elephant Cafe 
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070


No comments:

Post a Comment