Friday, June 3, 2011

Butterscotch Brownies

I just love baking. There is something about it that is so calming and familiar. The end result is always such a treat, no pun intended of course! I pulled into Pepperell Square this morning at about 10 minutes of 8:00, and by 8:30 I had the butterscotch brownies in the oven. Now they are sitting on the counter ready to be consumed by today's customers.







Marjorie's chocolate brownie recipe was nothing to write home about, however the butterscotch brownies....They are quite delicious! I don't believe that I've ever made butterscotch brownies, and I didn't realize that it was simply brown sugar that gave them their butterscotch flavor. I wonder who first came up with this little trick?

If you are ever looking for an easy dessert, turn to page 177 of Cooking Down East by Marjorie Standish and try the Butterscotch Brownies. They won't take more than half an hour to make, and they are sure to be a crowd pleaser!



Come in to the Blue Elephant Cafe today. Try one of our delicious Maine Lobster Rolls, and finish off your meal with a Butterscotch Brownie.


Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070




No comments:

Post a Comment