Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A note from the kitchen



Nearing the end of two months of Cooking DownEast with Marjorie Standish many customers have been asking lately "how many recipes have you done?" And "how many more do you have to go?"

I counted how many recipes were in the book before I got started with the project as I was getting myself organized. There are 330 recipes total. I figured that if I did an average of two recipes per day that I just might be able to get through the cookbook before wedding season begins and we get really busy.

Since setting this goal and getting underway with this project I have now completed 41 recipes leaving the grand total 289 to go. It still sounds like an overwhelming number and seems as if there is no end in sight. However, the response to the food has been so wonderful and the support from our customers is so great that my motivation has not decreased at all. I encourage everyone to come in and see what's cooking from the Cooking DownEast cookbook at the Blue Elephant or check out the blog each week to see what will be featured and stop by to try your favorite dish!

Do you have a favorite Marjorie dish that you would like me to make in the near future? Post a comment and let me know and stay tuned for more exciting dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment