Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lemon Sours

I think Marjorie liked pastries best out of everything she made. I'm basing this assumption on the fact that the baked goods section of her cookbook is twice the size as some of her other sections. The baked items that I have made so far have been superb and I would highly recommend them to anyone wishing to bake.

On Thursday the daily Standish Special was Lemon Sours. Since I had not had a chance to read the recipe thoroughly before beginning to bake, I had expected the end result to be lemon bars as the name of the recipe suggests. However they were far from a traditional lemon bar.

The base crust was a combination of flour and butter while the filling was kind of like a cake with coconut and walnuts. To top it off, and give it its name, a lemon sugar glaze. It was a delicious dessert, very soft and moist. I can just see Marjorie making these for a bake sale at her church or for a neighbor or something of the sort.

The Lemon Sours went fast. Come in next week to try more of Marjories yummy treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment