Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Broiled Flank Steak Subs

"It used to be if we prepared a flank steak, we spread it with dressing and rolled it. After browning, it was placed in a covered pan with a small amount of water and cooked slowly in the oven. That was the Maine way of doing it. Then we heard a true London Broil is a flank steak marinated in French dressing, broiled, sliced paper thin on the diagonal." Marjorie Standish



I wasn't wild about making a broiled flank steak as I knew that I was going to have to figure out some way to serve it to our customers. But with a little creative thinking I figured out that I could easily turn this recipe into steak sandwiches. I marinated and cooked the steak according to Marjorie's recipe, in addition to this I sauteed some peppers, onions and mushrooms.

The mixture will be served in a sub roll with a little melted cheese on top and a side of chips and pickles. A nice warm meal for a cold Maine day.




"If you are fortunate enough to find a flank steak then try it marinated in a soy sauce with only powdered ginger as the seasoning. That is the best of all." Marjorie Standish

No comments:

Post a Comment