Friday, April 22, 2011

Scalloped Potatoes and Bologna: Wednesday April 20, 2011

It seems as though every time I open up the cookbook I turn to this recipe, so I figured that I might as well make it. The fact that casseroles seem to be very popular at the Blue Elephant also made me think, "Why not?!" It's interesting that this recipe was very special to Marjorie. Here's what she had to say about it:

"I have a strong feeling about this recipe. It was in the first column I ever wrote and has been one of the most popular recipes I have used."


It turns out that my inclination about casseroles was off, because this one was not so popular at the cafe. Maybe it was because of the bologna or maybe it was the onions. I'm not quite sure. It will most likely not be repeated any time soon though.

What is your experience with bologna? Do you have a story to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment