Friday, April 22, 2011

Dump Bars Monday, April 18, 2011

Quoting Marjorie, "The good recipe with the inelegant name."  It is, indeed, an awful name for such a yummy treat. Dump Bars are one of the most delicious desserts that I've made from Marjorie's cookbook. I also remember Dump Bars fondly from my childhood. 


My grandmother used to make them all the time for my dad and his siblings while they were growing up. My dad had never talked about them until one day when my family was eating dinner and my dad announced, "You kids haven't lived until you've had a dump bar." My brother and I replied, "What are you talking about?" As it turns out, Dump Bars are a popular Maine dessert. I'm not sure where the bars or their name originated, but if you are really looking to live....you must try a Dump Bar!



When I made the Dump Bars, I doubled the recipe in a half sheet pan. The bars were wildly popular at the Blue Elephant Cafe. You can be sure that you will be seeing them again once I make my way through the book for the first time!


Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square
Saco, Maine 04072

207-281-3070
www.blueelephantcatering.com


No comments:

Post a Comment