Monday, April 18, 2011

Roasted Turkey with Stuffing and Gravy





Last Monday I had planned on making Marjorie's roasted turkey. What I had not planned on was only being able to find a thirteen pound turkey at the grocery store! I was very worried that it would not cook in time for lunch. However, it all worked out in the end because, in our convection oven, the turkey cooked very quickly, and it ultimately was a huge hit! 

We carved this delicious bird and served the meat on toasted white bread with homemade stuffing, gravy and a hint of mayonnaise. It was the perfect Thanksgiving sandwich! 

I had also planned on making orange cranberry relish. My plans were foiled, though, because I could not find cranberries if my life depended on it! So I will move that recipe to a later date. Stay tuned and you'll be sure to see the roasted turkey thanksgiving sandwich on the menu again soon! Until then, come in and enjoy some delicious turkey soup! 



No comments:

Post a Comment