Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Carrot Bread

From looking at her cookbook I gather that one of Marjorie's favorite things to bake was bread. She was very creative in using many ingredients that may just be laying around in the kitchen and I have found it very helpful. For example, we  needed to make use of some carrots that were hanging around this week and while I usually make carrot soup I was happy to find a different alternative!



Carrots... lots and lots of carrots shredded and ready to go. 



Essential ingredients in any baked goods, flour and sugar. 



Yummy batter ready to be dolled out into individual pans. 




OK, so maybe I got a little carried away but we'll have plenty of carrot bread for any occasion! 


Into the oven it goes! 



Fresh warm Carrot Bread. 



Cut up into slices and ready to be served to you... our loving customers :) 





Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco Maine 04072

207-281-3070


No comments:

Post a Comment