Thursday, February 2, 2012

Quick Party Bars


I know many of you will see these pictures and think "bars? those look like triangles!" Well there's a good reason, I promise! I was baking away this morning trying to knock out a few recipes and when it was time to put this batter into a pan to go into the oven all my other square pans were in use. So I decided to put a twist on it and use a round cake pan. 


I'm not sure why I haven't stopped on this recipe before now. I have actually said many-a-time that it shocks me how there is no chocolate chip cookie recipe in this cook book. Well I found it! It may not be a traditional chocolate chip cookie but it sure is close. Basically it is a chocolate chip cookie bar (with oats) and a layer of chocolate spread on top. 



They are sweet and delicious. You don't want to miss this one so come in to the Blue Elephant and give it a try! If you can't make it in then give it a try at home, it's so easy (hence the name) and so yummy! 


Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070



No comments:

Post a Comment