Friday, February 10, 2012

DownEast Scallops



I wasn't expecting much from this recipe, honestly the ingredients list sounded like a mess, I just didn't think it would be a popular item. Items such as dry mustard, onion, peppers, American cheese, tomato soup and olives make up this recipe. You might be able to see my hesitation about the recipe if you are unfamiliar with it as I was. 

Boy was I wrong! It sold like hot cakes as soon as I put it up on the menu. It's funny, you just never know what might be popular. Which is why this project is so great. Because I'm trying to make every recipe in the book I'm opening the door up to a whole new world of recipes that I might not have ever tried otherwise.

Based on my experience with this cookbook and other recipes similar to this one I would say this dish would have been a popular one back in the day. And perhaps may be familiar to some of our customers? No one mentioned remembering anything to me but they did absolutely love every bite. So If you're in the market for a good scallop dish give this one a try! 



Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070





No comments:

Post a Comment