Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lemon Bread

When I chose this recipe I was thinking I was being really efficient because we had all of the ingredients, it was quick and easy and not to mention it sounded delicious! So I get through all of the steps and while it's in the oven I'm reading about the next step, the topping, where as soon as the bread comes out of the oven you pour the topping over the bread and allow it cool.

Then.... let it set "for a day or so." I was shocked! I had missed this and was completely surprised! Lemon Bread was supposed to be my recipe for Monday, however because of this last step it was going to have to be my recipe for Tuesday. I quickly pulled together a Lobster Casserole (which you can read about in my previous post), for Mondays recipe and then finished the Lemon Bread.



As it turns out allowing the bread to rest for a day with the lemon/sugar topping makes this bread AMAZING! When I sliced into it on Tuesday morning, the aroma was wonderful and when I took a little nibble the flavor was even better! I would almost compare it to that of a pound cake, though it would most definitely have less calories because it does not have as much butter as a pound cake.



We still have Lemon Bread and it is still delicious so come on in to the Blue Elephant and grab a slice to have with your lunch or perhaps with just a cup of coffee or tea! You will certainly not be disappointed!

Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070



No comments:

Post a Comment