Friday, February 10, 2012

Escalloped Crabmeat and Oysters

One step closer to finishing the "Fish and Shellfish" section of Cooking Down East. I can't say I've ever seen anything like this recipe though it is pretty basic. 




A cream sauce is made and layered with fresh oysters, crab meat and buttered crumbs. Finish with buttered crumbs and bake in the oven. 



When it comes out of the oven its hot and bubbling. In fact now that I'm writing this and thinking about it I realize that it kind of reminds me of chicken a la king only prepared with seafood. That rich creamy white sauce mixed together with the fish. Usually chicken a la king is served over toast or rice and we will be doing the same, a nice slice of white toast will round out this yummy dish. 

This is one you definitely want to try! Come on in to the Blue Elephant, try it out and let us know what you think! 



Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070


No comments:

Post a Comment