Monday, January 30, 2012

Brown Sugar Bars

This recipe reminds me of something... the aroma and the taste. I have been racking my brain all morning trying to figure out what exactly the dish reminds me of. I want to say that it's something I used to bake with my grandmother, but that doesn't seem quite right.... I just cant put my finger on it.

 It was so simple: a crust base was made with brown sugar butter and flour. Spread on the bottom of a pan and baked for ten minutes.




Then topped with a coconut, brown sugar, egg mixture and baked again for twenty minutes. When done it's the lightest dessert. It melts in your mouth and smells just delicious.









This is a recipe you won't want to miss. Come in to the Blue Elephant today to have one for dessert or perhaps with just a cup of coffee. If you can't make it in today; be sure to make them at home at some point before too much time goes by!



Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070






No comments:

Post a Comment