Monday, January 23, 2012

Baked Haddock

I'm getting to the point where it's difficult to choose what recipe to make because I've done so many and there are so few left! I think I've decided to turn my focus to the fish section for a couple of reasons: I only have a few recipes left to complete, and they are always delicious and very popular.

Where to start though? I keep passing the Baked Haddock recipe so I decided to start there. I hadn't really read this recipe thoroughly, and I was expecting it to be a traditional Maine Baked Haddock recipe with the Ritz cracker crumbs or even just breadcrumbs and lemon juice. However, it was far from it!

The fish was seasoned in a pan with salt, pepper, paprika and lemon juice. Then Marjorie had me make a roux with butter and flour. Add to that dry mustard and milk. This is poured over the seasoned fish. The whole dish is seasoned with buttered crumbs and parsley.




It only takes 15 minutes in the oven and the end result is a delicious baked fish. Today we will pair it with a side salad and your choice of dressing for 6.00. Come on in and give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed!! 


Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070




No comments:

Post a Comment