Friday, January 13, 2012

Best Needhams



Needhams. They are apparently a well known dessert in Maine, however, like a lot of these dishes, I had not heard of them until I pulled out this recipe. I decided to make this recipe because it had mashed potatoes in it, and I thought it sounded like fun! 

My only issue with the recipe was that the whole bar was supposed to be dipped in chocolate which I was unable to do because the coconut mixture was too soft. I had let it cool like Marjorie said, but I think it needed longer, maybe even overnight, to cool. If I had let them cool overnight, then I would have been able to dip the whole thing in chocolate.

Regardless, though, they are delicious; very sweet but delicious. We still have some left so come in today and give them a try! You won't be disappointed! 


Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square
Saco, Maine 04072
www.blueelephantcatering.com



No comments:

Post a Comment