Friday, January 13, 2012

Bread Pudding

                                                                                I've never made, or eaten, bread pudding before pulling out this recipe. It was super easy and I would highly recommend it as a dessert to make if you are having company over or are in a time crunch.

"Bread pudding is made in a variety of ways. Flavor of this one is different, due to the use of brown sugar." Marjorie Standish

The list of ingredients is simple; bread crumbs, milk, shortening, brown sugar, egg yolks and whites, white sugar and vanilla. The pudding 
was so light and fluffy and I think this can be attributed to the method of beating the egg whites to a stiff peak and folding them into the rest of the mixture. In the future, after I have cooked my way through this Cooking Down East Cookbook, I would like to experiment with more bread pudding recipes and see if they are as good as this one! 


Don't hesitate to give this recipe a try sometime, you will not be disappointed!! 



Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070





No comments:

Post a Comment