Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Clam Casserole

"Because we have such good canned minced clams, some of our favorite casseroles are made with them rather than fresh clams" Marjorie Standish

The recipes never cease to amaze me, though I was shocked to read this statement because it was sort of like Marjorie felt like she had to explain herself and her ingredient choices. I have to say, though, canned clams is the lesser of all evils compared to some of the ingredients I have come across in this cookbook.

I had fresh clams left over from my clam chowder recipe yesterday, though, so I did not use canned clams. I used fresh ones. The outcome of this recipe is a bit confusing, it looks sort of like an omelet, yet it's baked in a casserole dish so reminiscent of a frittata.





It will be served warm today with a side of greens. It's delicious come on in and give it a try!

Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070





No comments:

Post a Comment