Friday, August 5, 2011

Chocolate Sheet Cake

Are you looking for a delicious dessert? And one that's super easy to make? You have got to try Marjorie Standish's Chocolate Sheet Cake and Frosting! I was looking for something to make this morning and landed upon this one. I am so glad I did. The preparation and assembly were not difficult, and it is one of the moistest, most delicious cakes I have ever made!

The only difficulty I had with the recipe was that it called for buttermilk, and I couldn't tell whether or not Marjorie wanted me to use powdered or liquid buttermilk. I decided it would be best to follow the directions on the back of the powdered buttermilk carton - which involved turning it into a liquid. It must have been what Marjorie meant to do, because the cake turned out simply delicious!






I think that the buttermilk, butter and oil are what help to make the cake so moist. The chocolate frosting on top is just thin layer. To make this simply delicious confection take a peek in your copy of Cooking Down East by Marjorie Standish! Or if you want to try it first, then come in to the Blue Elephant today! 



Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070


No comments:

Post a Comment