Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Maine Blueberry Pie

It's officially blueberry season, and I'm ready to cook my way through the blueberry recipes! I had my mom reserve a box of fresh blueberries for me, and I just picked them up this past weekend. They look delicious, and I'm excited to get baking with them. Thanks Mom for reserving those for me!

I was taking a look through the recipes last night, and I didn't see that Marjorie has that many blueberry recipes. This surprises me seeing as blueberries are such a staple ingredient for many Mainers.

I decided there is no better way to start than with Maine Blueberry Pie. After all, it is our state's dessert! All it took was pie crust, blueberries, sugar, flour and a few seasonings. I whipped it up in no time and popped it in the oven.  Within a half an hour I had a delicious Blueberry Pie ready to serve for lunch!



We have a few slices left, so come on in and try it today and let us know what you think! What is the best blueberry pie you have ever had?


Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070



No comments:

Post a Comment