Friday, December 3, 2010

Hot Chicken Salad Casserole Served Over a Bed of Pasta

This morning I tackled my first Marjorie Standish casserole, and actually it's not even under the casserole section of the cookbook. It is simply called Hot Chicken Salad; a combination of chicken, celery, almonds, pimiento, mayonnaise and crushed up potato chips for some added crunch. All of this plus some combined seasonings baked in the oven create a Hot Chicken Salad Casserole.


This recipe in particular reminds me of my grandmother and going over to her house as a child for dinner. She used to make casseroles like this for dinner all the time, and most of them probably came from the Cooking Down East cookbook.

My challenge in working my way through this cookbook is not actually making the recipes but adapting them and finding a way to serve them in the Blue Elephant Cafe. 

The Blue Elephant is a 22 seat restaurant, open Monday through Friday from 8am to 3pm, we serve breakfast and lunch. Our menu is primarily soups, salads, sandwiches and specials. Making and serving a heavy meal is a bit unusual at the Blue Elephant. So when I am flipping through the recipes and decding what to make, it is a bit of a challenge to settle on what to make and to determine how best to serve it. 

Today's Hot Chicken Salad Casserole will be served Over a Bed of Pasta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment