Friday, December 3, 2010

Boothbay Harbor Crab Cakes with a Lobster Sauce



Day two of Marge meets the Blue Elephant started off with some saltines, butter, celery and Maine crab meat. I have always thought of crab as something that I really want to like but I don't. As a result of this thought I don't often work with crab as it is not a dish I particularly care for, however I know it is a popular Maine dish so why not try it as one of my first recipes?

When I read Marge's method I was actually surprised that she didn't fry the mixture in small patties in a pan on the stove. Instead, after you mix all of the ingredients all together, she has you place the mixture into well greased custard cups and bake in a bain marie for 25 minutes.



When they came out of the oven they were hot and crispy. I let them cool for a minute and then turned them over onto a sheet pan. We served them with Marge's lobster sauce over a bed of mixed greens, and as I suspected they were a popular dish.

Tomorrows endeavor... Hot Chicken Salad Casserole Served Over a Bed of Pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment