Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Poppy Seed Cake

"The next tow recipes are my favorites, neither one is iced for there is too much goodness in the cake itself."
       Marjorie Standish



I missed this little excerpt until just right now when I was rewriting it! It seems as though I "messed up" by putting icing over this cake. In my defense it still tasted delicious and it was only a thin layer. 

Typically when I make a cake from this cookbook, or any dessert from this cookbook it's fairly dense. This recipe was different. It was so light and fluffy, and probably one of the best cake recipes I've come across. I think Marjorie's statement at the beginning of the recipe rings true it does have a lot of goodness! 









Don't let this one slip you by! Grab Cooking Down East and make this recipe as soon as you can! 

Bue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070



No comments:

Post a Comment