Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Date Cake

Continuing with the theme of dates, I decided to kick off the week with a good old fashioned, easy Date Cake. I found Marjorie's comment at the end of the recipe to be very funny. She says, "Simple isn't it?"  I can just hear her now... imagine if someone brought her on to a modern day television cooking show to demonstrate one of her recipes. I can just picture her saying as she completes the task, "Simple isn't it?!" 




Simplicity must have been what Marjorie was going for as she was writing her cookbook. As I've said over  and over again, no matter how much is going on, I can still pull together one of Marjorie's recipes in under an hour; what a great feat.



I am surprised how many date recipes there are in Marjorie's cookbook. Dates must have been a popular item back in the day. In this day and age, people seem to be scared off by the mere word, "date." But believe me when I say that every date recipe I have made so far has been really good, and I'm not a big fan of dates!



Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070



No comments:

Post a Comment