Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Potpourri Soup

"This is one of the most popular soups I have ever used in my column. Hearty and delicious, it is made with hamburg. Or if you just happen to have any- venisonburger"- Marjorie Standish





Delicious it is. A thick tomato based soup with vegetables and meat, the perfect soup for a cold winter's day. A little side story- When I was home for Christmas, my grandmother, who was born and raised in Maine and still lives here, was inspired by my project and took it upon herself to write down some of her recipes for me. One of these recipes was Potpourri Soup. Now that I've made Marjorie's version I need to pull out Grammy's and see how they compare. Maybe I'll even have to make a batch of each and see how the customers at the Blue Elephant like the two.

There is still some Potpourri Soup left. Come in it today and warm up at the Blue Elephant and watch the snow fall outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment