Thursday, February 10, 2011

Crispy Oven Chicken, Molded Beet Salad and Lyonnaise Potatoes

"This recipe was my favorite way of doing chicken until I discovered oven-easy chicken." Marjorie Standish on Crispy Oven Chicken.

I suppose I should have started with the Crispy Oven Chicken since it used to be Marjorie's favorite, but alas I already made the Oven Easy Chicken about a month ago. Both recipes are delicious and very easy to make.



The Crispy Oven Chicken is made by coating the chicken with Rice Krispies cereal and baking it in the oven. It is a healthy alternative to fried chicken. It reminds me very much of my grandmother. It makes me wonder about the last part of Marjorie's statement "... until I discovered oven-easy chicken." Where was she finding all of her recipes?



Molded beet salad. A combination of beets, celery and lemon gelatin formed into a mold. Beets are not the most appetizing vegetable and many people have bad childhood memories of this root vegetable! I cant say that this was a favorite for our customers but it did look pretty on the plate!




The crispy chicken came with a side of beet salad, biscuit and coleslaw. It went over famously and I will have to make it again!

Lyonnaise Potatoes... French for potatoes with onions. Lightly sauteed onions to which potatoes with salt, pepper and parsley were added. Come in today for a side of these tasty potatoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment