Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cream Cheese Cookies

I counted yesterday, and I've now completed 160 recipes in the Cooking Down East cookbook. As I get closer to completing sections in the cookbook it becomes more difficult to make the choice of which recipe to make each day. I've asked other people to choose some recipes for me recently, and that's been fun! Adding a new twist to the project, I don't look at the recipe they've chosen until the morning I'm going to make it and need to buy the ingredients.

This morning I had a particularly hard time choosing a recipe to make. I landed on Cream Cheese Cookies and, as it turns out, I'm glad I did. I tried one when they came out of the oven, and as soon as it hit my mouth I was reminded of my grandmother. 



A little side story; when I was probably six or seven, Grammy asked me to come to her house to help her make cookies for a bake sale. We made dozens of cookies. M&M Cookies, Sugar Cookies, and Chocolate Chip Cookies. What I remember most though is that she bought the packages of mini M&M's in the little tubes, and I thought they were so cool. Then, when we were done baking, my grandfather came in from mowing the lawn, and we had tea, hot chocolate and cookies. It was a very special memory that was triggered by these Cream Cheese Cookies that I made today. 


Cream all the ingredients together and fold in the flour.


Ready to roll the batter into cookies.


Cream Cheese Cookie balls; just press them down with a damp towel,
then bake in the oven



Half baked and half raw ready to go in the oven



Good enough to eat


All that's left to do is package them up



Seal it with a bow! Tiny packages of Cream Cheese Cookies ready to be bought 
and eaten by you! 


Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco, Maine 
04072
207-281-3070





1 comment: