Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Custard Sauce

What an easy custard recipe. I remember when I was in baking class at school and we had to make custard for eclairs and pies and many other baked goods. It was fun but it was a longer, more difficult process than this custard was. This was simply mixing two dry ingredients, adding a couple mixed wet ingredients then stirring over a double boiler until thickened.


My biggest dilemma with this was how to serve it. Marjorie suggested mixed berries. Which sounded great, but I didn't have time to run to the store this morning so that was out of the question. I decided maybe popovers would be good so that is what I made.









We will be serving this delicious custard sauce over fresh homemade popovers. 1.75 each. You don't want to miss this so come in and give it a try!


Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070

No comments:

Post a Comment