Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Snappy Cocktail Sauce

I must apologize for I have fallen behind in my posts! It's no excuse, but The Blue Elephant has been extremely busy catering these past couple of weeks! Be sure to check out our catering blog (www.blueelephantcatering.com) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/blueelephantevents) to see what we've been up to in the event world.

Back to cooking with Marjorie...I'm still plugging away! It's becoming increasingly difficult, as I feel as though I've done most of easy, or rather, favorite recipes. Now I'm blindly choosing what's left. It's always a surprise what will come out of the kitchen next which is why it continues to be an enjoyable experience.

On August 30th I picked out Marjorie's Snappy Cocktail Sauce. Boy was it snappy! Chili sauce, horseradish, and tabasco just to name a few of the ingredients. I paired it with shrimp of course, and it was an extremely popular dish.




As a general rule if we, the general public, are going to serve shrimp, we head to the grocery store, pick up the shrimp and cocktail sauce and serve it. I always forget how easy it is to make cocktail sauce from scratch. We made it in school, and I made it again on this day. More than likely you can find all the ingredients in your cabinet, and it takes minutes to whip together. Try it sometime, you'll be surprised at how easy it is and how much you'll like it.



Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070




No comments:

Post a Comment