Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Vegetable Casserole

I love vegetables. I always have. What I find interesting though about all of Marjorie's vegetable recipes is that she is always covering the vegetables up with something: a cream sauce, cheese whiz, cheese, or lots and lots of butter. So here is my conclusion...if you have kids and you are trying to get them to eat their vegetables....try some of Marjorie's recipes. More than likely the kids will at least give the vegetables a try. Who knows, they may even like them!

I, myself, am a purest and like vegetables without all of the extra stuff on them. Just steamed with a little seasoning, and I'm good to go.

This Vegetable Casserole was not different from what I just described. It had white sauce, cheese, cream of mushroom soup and carrots and frozen string beans for veggies. Basically it all gets layered together in a casserole dish and baked for half an hour.

Cut the carrots very thin. 



Steam together with the green beans

Make the white sacue

Add all the ingredients together and top with parmesan cheese. Bake until golden brown! 

There you have it. Vegetable Casserole. 


Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070




No comments:

Post a Comment