Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rolled Haddock Fillets

I steered clear of this type of recipe, because I wasn't sure how it would play out here at the cafe. As it turned out, it was an excellent dish. I cooked the fish 3/4 of the way. Then all it needed was to be reheated, and it was ready to be served.


The fish was served with a creamy egg sauce which is a very traditional way to serve white fish here in Maine. I remember my grandmother making it, and my dad talking about it, all the time while we were growing up. 

It also turned out that on this day some family members of mine came in to the cafe to visit! My uncle and three cousins were visiting from London. One of my cousin's took a gamble and tried the Haddock Fillet and fell in love with it!

I love when other people pick a recipe for me to make. It spices things up and keeps the project interesting. So, just before my family left I asked my ten year old cousin to pick out a recipe for me to make next. He chose Baked Stuffed Shrimp. So, Carlo, the next entry is for you! Be sure to check out the next entry to see photos and read all about delicious baked stuffed shrimp!


Blue Elephant Cafe 
12 Pepperell Square
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070





No comments:

Post a Comment