Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Jellied Strawberry Banana Salad




When we were growing up, pretty much every family function consisted of a jello salad. Making this recipe brought back a lot of memories of all of us sitting around the table eating and enjoying each other's company.

I can't say that jello with fruit in it is one of my favorite dishes but it certainly does make me think of Maine when I see or hear about it. There are a few different recipes in the Cooking Down East cookbook and this is the first one that I've made. It came out pretty well, it is very sweet, a strawberry jello with mashed banana, coconut, crushed pineapple mayonnaise and whipped cream.

It would be great to serve with Easter dinner or Sunday brunch.



Did you ever have a jello salad growing up? What are your memories?



Blue Elephant Cafe
12 Pepperell Square 
Saco, Maine 04072
207-281-3070


No comments:

Post a Comment