Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Soft Molasses Cookies

Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar? Nobody has yet! They are in the jar waiting to be eaten. Come on in and give them a try.


Soft Molasses Cookies are a two day process yet still very easy! Making these cookies only involves mixing the batter together, then letting it set in the refrigerator overnight.




On the second day when I took the bowl out of the refrigerator, I was a little shocked at how stiff the dough was. I had even let it sit on the counter for a bit before working with it. Once I finally was able to get it out of the bowl and work with it on the counter, it gave way and I was able to mold it into a log.


Then slice it up into pieces... 


Lay the slices out on the cookie sheets.. and put them in the oven 


Once they were golden brown and puffy, out they came and cooled on the counter. 


A jar full of molasses cookies. Mmmmmm mmmmm good! 





This past week the Blue Elephant was super busy catering and, as a result, I fell behind in my Marjorie Standish recipes. I'll be making up for it in the coming weeks, so stay tuned and watch for new posts and updates! 


No comments:

Post a Comment